RECENT NEWS AT GRANDSPORT SPEEDWAY!
MARCH 24TH, 2020
GrandSport is moving to the next level in the South Texas Motorsport environment! Once completed GrandSport will have over 2.5 miles of race track. Everything that we are building from restrooms to clubhouse is going to have the high end guest's comfort in mind.
RESERVE YOUR TOY STORAGE/LIVE IN CONDO UNIT TODAY! 30 UNITS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.
You can put down a deposit in escrow to reserve your chosen unit location to store your toys. 24'X48' bays are available for purchase from just $225k. You can store your toys in these unit and live in there on the weekends or permanently! Southern track fun for northern winter visitors perhaps? Cars, motorcycles, boats and so much more. A community for piston heads with a clubhouse, library a pool and so much more!
Call today and we will send you a plat of what is available for purchase today! 409-986-7226
August 27, 2019
24 stalls of weather protection ready to go at GrandSport! Free for member use and available for rental for $25 a day during all other events at Grandsport.
Cars Parked in the Hanger - Car Storage at GrandSport!
Car storage space is now available in the hangers for just $200/month!
February 10, 2018
The weather continues to slow down construction but we are still moving ahead!
Here we have the front patio on the main clubhouse building. Next are the the rails and hedges!
A Porsche parked in the 'Hanger' Storage Facility at GrandSport. Only $200 per month for open inside storage!
November 18, 2018
This is only the beginning of a very cool main themed building. We can't wait for you to see it when it is completely finished! It is going to have lots of cool architectural features.
Initially the front area(2500sqft) will be used for Corporate events, meetings, weddings and for members only to relax during their day at the track with family and friends.. When the main clubhouse is completed next year the front area will then become a food service area for track days. There will be a raise patio eating area on the right side of this building along with a covered drop off area that will lead to the main restrooms.
The center side doors will house a food service area, classroom.
The rear area of the building will be used as a shop and car storage area for members.
This side faces into the hot pit area and will have direct access into the 'hot pit' for Corporate Events and Driving Experience programs!
This rear door leads into the 'Hanger' storage area for members to store their cars. The side drive through doors will also be used as a club classroom area for facility renters.
The shop/Hanger storage area.
October 20, 2018
This is happening now! The clubhouse, Bathroom and weather shelters construction begins!
August 28, 2018
The Bulldozers are shaping up the dirt for the next mile or track!
August 25, 2018
The pad for the 5000sqft conference Center building has been poured!
May 11, 2018
Everything at GrandSport is coming along. We had a delay in pouring the slab for the building as we decided to double its size and had to wait on new engineering drawings! But as you can see the ground has been prepared for the pour.
March 25, 2018
All of the guard rail on the existing track has been installed! This was about a quarter of a mile of metal ribbon.
Shortly Cherry Concrete will start pulling up some concrete on site to be crushed and used for the road base on the new mile of track. Additionally this will allow us the space to start building member garages.
February 15, 2018
Today the Guard rail is being installed in several places around the track! Heavy construction has began!
February 8, 2018
The first two buildings have arrived! One building will be the main climate controlled gathering place for guests and preliminary member clubhouse. The second building is the main shop for GrandSport and Racing Adventures. Pictures to follow soon!
January 15, 2018
We are moving forward with the expansion! All of the SCCA required safety equipment has arrived!
We have now placed the safety stations around the track. Final placement and the roof sections will be added later this month.
Additionally a mile of guard-rail has arrived to place protection around the track where it is needed along with some strategic gravel traps.
We expect to see the first two building arrive in the next few weeks! These are the two of the three main components for the main club/Shop/Hanger storage areas.
December 14, 2017
GrandSport Speedway is going through a huge transition in the next year!
With the one million dollar investment that we are making in the next 12 months we are expecting to grow a huge Track Day driver following as well as a ver healthy 'GrandSport Club Member' following. We already have a great offering for new member prospects on the 'The Base Motorports Club' page on this website and a value priced Trifecta offer on the 'GrandSport Track Day' Page! Take a look and get in on the deals!
We are going to talk about this transition in detail so that everyone is clear about GrandSport's Future! We will post pictures as the materials arrive and construction continues.
- A one mile track extension. As shown in the diagram below we will be adding a one mile extension to the track. The new extension will cross the existing entry road. Therefore we will be constructing a new entry road on the southern border of the property that will allow ingress and egress without having to stop the action on the track. As anyone that knows about race surface asphalt will tell you, you should pave at the hottest time of the year and then let the asphalt cure for a few months before you drive on it.
- We are building new restrooms and shower facilities. This satellite restroom facility constructed of concrete block located near the gun range and new main entrance will have a womens, mens and handicap/family doors. It will be able to accommodate groups of up to 500 people. We expect to see this done by the end of November 2018.
- 60 Day Shelters(12'X22") will be available for daily rental at $20 per day. You will no longer have to bring everything you own that is heavy to hold down your easy-up which will blow away anyhow. Protection from the sun and the rain.
- The Member Clubhouse will be 7200ft on two levels with a wrap around observation deck to view both the old and the new track. The second floor will be for members only while the main floor will be universal space used for classrooms, large meeting spaces and so much more.
- The 'Hanger' has been ordered and is expected to be delivered before the end of the year. This 4800 sqft Military Airbase inspired building will initially be used for car storage for members, an air conditioned classroom and a clubhouse for the members until the main clubhouse is finished.
- Member Garages will begin construction early next year. These garages will vary for a 14'X22' single garage to larger 36'X36' garages with lofts to sit and relax after an exciting track day.
- 8 Corner/flag Stations have already been placed for track control and safety. We will be putting the roofs on them in the next few weeks.
- Gravel Traps will be placed coming onto the back strait and on the Firehouse turn
- We have ordered and expect to receive armco barrier in the next few weeks to be placed in key areas for everyones protection.
There are so many new improvements happening that we can hardly mention them all. Stay tuned!